10/07/2010

Trust no one.

I was robbed today. Well, not today. Some time within the past 3 months. I found out I was robbed today. I sent 6 boxes to LA from Japan to find one had nothing but a jacket, a sweatshirt, stockings, a blowdryer comb and a rubber handled carving tool in it. That set off flags because I would NEVER pack such a wierd/light box. (Not for 40 dollars, anyway...) Anyowl, I opened all the boxes and this is what I noticed was missing (humor me! I was ROBBED!)
  1. Pottery - ($80)
  2. Pottery tools - ($25)
  3. fancy chopsticks (a gift - $30)
  4. blowdryer - ($40)
  5. flat iron - ($80)
  6. pressing comb ($25)
That's $280 worth of things I owned that I don't own anymore. I can only think of three things that could've happened. (I itemize when I'm sad.)
  1. Customs thought I shouldn't have that stuff in America.
  2. Customs or someone en route STOLE them from me.
  3. Some unknown oddball is making an AWESOME Rube Goldberg somewhere.
I don't get as sad when I imagine the latter...

1 comment:

  1. That is hella lame! My dad had many $$$ worth of records stolen between Montana and California when my parents moved here in 1981. Luckily he had each one inventoried on index cards and got insurance money for them. But still, there are some things you can never get back.

    ReplyDelete