10/05/2010

Parties are a little needy, right?

I recently moved back to America and into a new apartment so I'm having a party. I kind of have to because... thats what you do. There's this whole culture around having parties that's kinda f*cked up. Like, why do I have to bring cupcakes for the WHOLE CLASS when it's MY birthday?! Like the only way I can recognize something significant in my life is by witness. Because I promise you it happened! And I have to create that significance by showing everyone that whatever it is "means" something to me, and it makes me feel weak. And then I think, "This didn't happen organically... I threw this party! And everyone here knows it!" and then I get all embarrassed. (*sigh) Parties are just awful! It's just more proof that I'm so hungry for recognition, I'm willing to celebrate it. ...That said, I hope you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment