10/12/2010

The kindness of strangers

So I've been taking my friend Andy around LA. Showing him places I never go and showing him one other place I wish I went to more. Amoeba music. We decided to stop for coffees and lemonade at the place across the street first. (You know the one.) So I ask this guy if we could share the sofa with him, he says sure, and I see he's drawing in a notebook. He was kind enough to show me the creatures he'd been sketching. Dragons, dog faced dragons and baboons! It was awesome! Turns out he was a Portuguese art student who'd just been in LA for a couple of weeks. He said he was really surprised at how kind everyone in LA was. (I'm yet to see.) But yeah, he was kind enough to draw this picture for me. I was like, "That gorilla's drink looks an awful lot like the lemonade I'm drinking... It's almost like you're saying I'M that gorilla..." (I know the shenanigans the Portuguese are know for.) And he goes, "Oh no, no! I've been drawing gorillas before you came!" He had. But even if I were that gorilla, it wouldn't of mattered because he was mad nice. I even invited him to my party. ...That's not crazy.

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, that gorilla does look like he likes to party as hard as you do.

    ReplyDelete