10/30/2010

Halloweening

So I decided to go as Charlie Chaplin for Halloween. I initially wanted to be "Modern Times" era Chaplin in conductor overalls and without the hat but apparently I was unrecognizable. I was able to come up on a mens suit and bowler so I went to the Halloween party confident I'd snag the nonexistent prize. To bump my costume up a notch, I wanted to make dialogue cards and abstain from talking the whole night. But i was told by other partiers that that wasn't a good idea and that people would start saying "Hitler is such a douchebag!" So here are three things I learned about Halloweening as Chaplin:

1. People only know one Chaplin, so Halloween is not the time to try to impress anyone about your film knowledge.
2. If you don't have the Chaplin look down pat, people will mistake you for an antisocial hitler.
3. If you draw on a mustache you'll most likely forget it's on and make it that much harder for guys to chat you up.

got some candy in the end so all in all it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment