10/14/2010

If you've never been to the La Brea Tarpits you're probably slightly cooler than I! (see?) But I was able to earn big points in the host league by taking Andy to see what I told him were dinosaur bones. I don't know what I was thinking. I've rode past the tarpits like a billion times, but I guess my brain mistook the fiberglass mastodon family for a pack of [some kind of 'great lizard']. But that disappointment aside, I had a lot of fun! There are at least 4 things I learned at the tarpits today.
1. Dinosaurs died 65 million years ago and did not inhabit the same physical or temporal space as mammals from the Pleistocene Epoch.
2. Two inches of tar that settles at the top of a body of water can stop an animal thats up to 10,000 lbs.
3. The correct term is "Saber Toothed Cat"
4. Tar covered dragonflies look AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment