10/26/2010

I saw the most distressing thing today

I was loitering in an urban outfitters before a job interview (as has become my tradition) and i hear this really loud thud. Then i hear this dude say to this other dude, "Dude! did you see that?! That bird just flew into the window!" I walk over to the door and I see a bird that had obviously broke his neck and was gagging for air. His beak was open and his wings were twitching towards the sky as he lay dying on his birdie back. I didn't know what to do so I just said a silent prayer and walked to my interview. I went past the window and it looked like someone had squashed a bug against it. It was terrible. No one tells you what to do in situations like that. And I'm sure that any response I would've given would've elicited the laughter of all those around me. Things should be different.

4 comments:

  1. If it was before an interview, there really wasn't much you could do. My understanding is that you should, if possible, take it to a vets to be put to sleep. Otherwise, the only option outside of ignoring it is to end its suffering personally :(

    (less depressing note: How did the interview go?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping it wouldnt come to that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXin2mWy0PA)

    the interview went alright, i guess. i was surprised to hear back from them at all. they called me last week while I was running errands to ask me some questions and i had no idea who they were. I just had so say "I'm sorry, i've applied to like a billion jobs, who are you guys again?"
    so yeah, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, so glad I checked through old comments to see if you replied - that clip is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete