11/09/2010

Stealing heat

Today was the coldest day of the season in LA. Tonight, the temperature dropped to a frigid 56 degrees (13C). Now I know cold but today I was properly chilly. My apartment is big and the ceiling is pretty high so it's been pleasant all summer. But it's turning winter and that spells trouble for me since my house has already been the hottest it can get. And if I've learned anything in siyince class it's that it costs to heat a large house, so turning up the thermostat is out of the question. But i think i found a way to save on heating! There's this spot on the wall beside the vent in my dining room that's really hot. And when I lean against it, I can nearly swear I have a better quality of life. My guess is that the folks that live above me have jobs and can pay for warmth. Little do they know that I'm siphoning off the heat as it comes up from the basement. I've been taking my meals at the wall and don't plan on budging 'til bedtime. haha Unsuspecting fools.

2 comments:

  1. Our house has been getting cold too, so I like to cover myself in wool. Wool blanket, wool socks, wool sweater, wool hat if absolutely necessary. Also we got a new couch and it is upholstered in wool so it keeps your butt warm :)

    Sorry I haven't been reading your blog, but I haven't been reading any blogs lately! I am catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all good! I have a lot of time these days. looking forward to heating my ass on your wooly couch. that sounds suggestive. i take it back. <3

    ReplyDelete