11/22/2010

Making dinner

One of the great things about having a roommate is that time-to-time they share their dinner. I lived alone in Japan, and in three years, cooked maybe.... 23 times? I'd get back from work knackered and would just snack on whatever I had around. (A thing I'd call "snackering") Or, I'd pop off to 7-11 and pick up meals for the week. It was no way for a growing lady to live. But yeah, living with someone else is awesome. I bet a lot of dopes get married for meals. It's a sweet deal really, until the other person realizes you haven't made dinner all week. And that you're not even sleeping together. (GROSS! She's my SISTER!!) That's why I'm making cooking tomorrow. A gorgonzola-chicken ready-meal that just needs to be heated and tossed over pasta. Hopefully it tastes good enough for me to coast on free dinners 'til Thanxgivin'. Then, my goal is to stretch leftovers 'til [C]hannukah.

5 comments:

  1. And then it's nothing but matzah from there to Yaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do you celebrate yaya? is that what sinners call "Christmas"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't say that! i'm waiting on some important news! Merry Yaya! MERRY YAYAaaa~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was actually making a variation of the "Dang, that gal has legs from here to YaYa!" slang...but I'm not sure how well it bears new permutations ~_~

    ReplyDelete