11/12/2010

Delicious Murder

I've had a problem eating meat for a while. One notable time was when I was like 14 and my mom called me into the kitchen to help her cook dinner. She was making chicken (typical) and she wanted me to help her separate the leg/thigh parts into smaller portions. She gave me a knife and I looked down at the sink full of bird-limbs and just started crying. I remember being very aware that I would be mutilating a dead animal. My mom laughed at me and sent me out of the kitchen. Now this doesn't mean that I've ever stopped eating meat. (Or that I didn't eat dinner that night.) I've just lived life conflicted. Just like that bishop who [insert topical joke]! So I decided to stop living a lie. I resolved to give up meat in the New Year. But it's really difficult! Most of the delicious foods I can think of have meat in it. In fact, I'm eating meat now! But I have to change. 'Cause eating meat is monstrous! And so WHAT if that mushrooms, tomatoes and pineapple pizza I ordered the other day wasn't delicious?! I'll be satisfied in the knowledge that some chicken somewhere will be able to grow into a rooster cuzza what I've done! Yeah. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment