1/30/2011

Saga Wards

I had the opportunity to work a Hollywood awards party today. I didn't have the coolest task by any stretch of the imagination. But it did give me the opportunity to watch the show as few have. (By being quietly ghetto from the mezzanine.) I saw some of the brightest stars today like Natalie Portman, James Franco and that other one! And it was kinda awesome. But at the same time I never felt further away from fame. Now, let me just say that it's not my goal to be famous. (unless this duncess thing really takes off! *fingers crossed) And I wasn't struck by the sad realization that I haven't yet "arrived". But I was very aware that the status on my access pass meant that I could be no more than a noisy voyeur. Or, if i dared, a phantom interloper throwing pieces of pastry on Tina Fey from the shadows. I guess it's not the first time that I've felt this way, but it was solidified in the production wrap up party after the show. It was very much the "junior prom" of the celebrity after party. Full of hard working behind-the-sceners who were either just too shy or pimple-faced to be invited to the popular kids' party. But it was still pretty cool being there as I was able to jam on residual tunes leaking from the party tents and was able to eat all the snacks I could steal. Not to mention that I got paid to step into traffic. So all in all, pretty good for a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment