12/11/2010

UCB something with cans

One of my oldest friends celebrated her birthday by organizing a volunteer party at the LA Food Bank this morning. We got there mad early and I saw that it was a common thing for people to set up volunteering efforts with them. There was another birthday party, a school group, and we saw that the Upright Citizen's Brigade was doing something as well. There were many unknown from the UCB cast, so I thought the the VIPs had peaked when I saw Wierd Al and put away my camera. But it was a veritable who's-who of people you're pretty sure you saw on TV. Alison Becker, Brendon Walsh, June Raphael, Matt Walsh, Jessica St. Clair, and the indelible talent Paul Scheer. First thing I thought was, "Okay, I wanna sort cans in THEIR line!" But instead, I was given a sticker that meant I would be corralled into an area where I'd be sorting broken toys from kid-unfriendly toiletries and later, rancid squash. It was fine, and I guess I should be grateful to be on this side of the giving machine, but I still couldn't help but feel classed out of a cooler task. (*sigh) I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment