2/15/2011

REM & Blues

Do you ever have a dream where you write or hear an original song or beat and think, "This is going to be a hit!" And for the rest of your dream you try to memorize it so you can remember it when you wake up? Only to wake up and realize you don't have the skills to turn sounds into music and that the "duh-du-du-du-duh's" you scratched on a sheet of loose leaf won't win you any grammys? Do you then think, "My fortune!" because you KNOW that that could've been your big break?

Me neither. (*balls up paper)

1 comment:

  1. I've had dreams where I wake up and think, "was that from a story? I could make that into a story! A FANTASTIC story!"

    So I write down the gist of the plot and go about my day. It's only later when I read my notes and it's pretty much the worst. Story. Ever. TOLD.

    ReplyDelete