4/14/2011

Black Hairstory

I changed my hair recently. I'm not going to go too much into it, but I look pretty different. At least, I think so. I don't know about you, but I hate it when I change my hair and no one says anything. And I think that's a pretty normal way to feel. It's not like I go 'round elbowing folks in the ribs like, "Go on! What's there different 'bout me?" I just feel it's part of good manners. Especially if one looks as differently with changed hair as I do now. ANYOWL, I was at work the other day, hair all different and no one said anything! So I think, guess I don't look as good/different as I thought I looked. And just went on with my day. Then later, one of my co-workers came up to me and said she loved my hair! She is maybe like Eastern European but with really good English. And apparently, at least, a basic understanding of Afro-textured hair. This is how the exchange went:

Her: Oh wow! Your hair looks really good!
Me: Gee, thanks!
Her: I didn't know it was that long!
Me: Yeah, me neither! I was pretty hesitant for them cutting off as much as they did!
Her: Is that because it takes so long to grow?
Me: Um... no. Not really. My hair grows fine, it just has a tendency to break off.
Her: Is that because black hair is so dry?
Me. Sure.

Bless her for trying to relate to me.

2 comments:

  1. I hear that black hair is so dry, sometimes it just spontaneously combusts in temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

    Confirm/deny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact! AND it makes for a great abrasive cleaning material!

    ReplyDelete