4/17/2011

Bad Karmal

I drove today. Well, I didn't so much drive as I was behind the wheel. I am not licensed or able to drive but I do have permission to learn. And today's the first day in months I've been motivated to try. My roommate and I were running errands today when we return to the car and see someone parked like 8" away from the drivers side. "Here's my time to shine!" I thought. And I volunteered to shimmy into the driver's from passenger's, put the car in reverse and save the day. Easy peasy! So I get in. First things first, I put on my seat belt, 'cause if I learnt anything from "Sister, Sister" I know safety is key to responsible drivin'.

So I check my mirrors, turned the key and placed the stick in "R". "Way to go!" She yelled! "You're doing it!" I thought she was saying as I expertly looked at her over my shoulder and reversed. I smiled and looked to her for more congratulations when I saw she looked panicked. "Break! Get out!" She was grating her teeth and motioning for me to stop. Turns out that as I was reversing I was taking a bit of the other car with me. I scratched a nice thin strip of gray across its doors. Or at least I think it was gray as I tried to inspect the damage as we drove off. I don't feel good about what I did. (Or the image I'm using to illustrate it...) But living with the guilt is part of my punishment.

4 comments:

  1. wowza! you not so smooth criminal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did the same thing a few months ago (and guiltily drove off as well... negative karma points for sure) BUT you should be comforted that even someone with 13 years of driving experience is capable of making the same mistake.... i believe "sister, sister" has also taught viewers a valuable lesson about getting back on the horse (or in el coche)...

    ReplyDelete