7/01/2011

Pearly Whines

I always wished I was one of those girls who could smile with her mouth closed. Coquettish. Don't get me wrong, I like my smile. But sometimes it doesn't express how I feel. I'd like one of those smiles that conveys that what I find funny isn't actually that funny. Or that I've kept the funniest part of the joke to myself. I've tried to smile that smile. But when I do, it looks like I'm surpressing a laugh. Or like I can barely stretch my lips over the surface of my teeth. It's not what any observer or photog would call natural. And it's certainly not a "happy smile." My smile as it is, is wide and open. You can see at least 10 teeth when I smile. And even more when I laugh. And sometimes it strangely makes me sad. And then I get that closed-mouth-picture-look that I wanted. But then I don't feel like taking pictures anymore, so I don't have any proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment