7/03/2011

B-day Break

I turn 27 tomorrow. I thought I was old when I turned 24, but 27 actually FEELS different. It's the first age when people think what you're doing isn't cute or innocent. Not "cute" but like, if I committed a spate of murders, the news would most definitely say the crimes were done by "a woman". And that scares me. Twenty-seven's the time when parents up talks about husbands and careers and "direction". I'll keep getting reminded that I'm "not getting any younger." And now I'm expected to be too mature to reply, "True, but you're still more likely to die before me." If I was younger I could get away with saying things like that. Moxie's meant to die after 26. Or at least, be veiled as a personal brand of cynicism. That doesn't even make sense. I must be getting old. I have less than 7 hours of being 26. Quick! Someone get me a skateboard! I got a lot of youthing to cram in.

2 comments:

  1. I`unno, I always thought 25 was kind of the cut-off.

    Not that I've let it really affect me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to think that. but 25 is the age when young kids start to feel old. i think 27 is when older folks start to accept you as one of them. there's no doubt that youre a grown up. thats what i think anyway.

    ReplyDelete