7/01/2011

I'm back!

I'm finally back from my 10-day long British adventure and I've never been so tired. Every day was chockablock with activities so apologies if I didn't have time to buy you pressies.  It was a short holiday but I made sure to take it all in. This is some of what I learned!
  1. The only people fit to enjoy Glastonbury festival is low-twenty-somethings on drugs.
  2. Sheep's wool feels like workman's pajamas.
  3. Casual racism(?) against Irish Catholics is not only tolerated, it's encouraged. And hilarious. 
  4. It doesn't get dark in the UK until after 10:00 PM in summer.
  5. English mud is certainly at least 3% sh*t.
  6. Black sheep's wool just gets bunched with the white wool and bleached. ("Nice one!")
  7. All English accents are not charming.
  8. Irish "history" sounds as far-fetched as it's folklore.
  9. People are more than happy to adjust their diction to make sure "you understand". 
  10. Sheep herding is an exhausting, but fulfilling, lark.
  11. People think all American eateries look like Fuddruckers. 
  12. "Eaton Mess" is a delicious shambles!
  13. Brit desserts have strange names. ("Victoria Sponge" sounds like the name of a spoiled Roald Dahl character that scolds her dolls.) 
  14. Disney is responsible for people thinking people from Bristol sound like pirates.
  15. The "Island mentality" has not caught on in the UK. 

2 comments:

  1. my friend Andrea Rule sent me this - its hilarious (i grew up in the UK and now live in the states) i say this is spot on!

    -Andrea C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't want to generalize too much, but i stand by everything I said.

    ReplyDelete