8/31/2011

Romance Bone


I used to think I didn't have a romantic bone in my body.  I always thought romance was for the birds. Love birds. And that any time spent on anything touchy-feely could touch the broadest part of the bottom of my heart. 'Cause honestly who has room?! What with the 200+ already rattling 'round these overstuffed skin-bags. And I'm a modern woman for crying out loud! But despite my best efforts I discovered I have a fully matured romance bone. And no, it wasn't discovered near my romance-hole, but over a series of events that verified its existence. Recently I've been finding myself doing things I wouldn't otherwise do.  Feeling ways I hoped I wouldn't soon feel due to that inconvenient bone. It's all very new to me but I'm staying realistic. I've simply come to the conclusion that feelings are fine as long as you feel fine. But like literal bones, figurative bones can break, and I'm prepared for that. That's why I have insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment