5/24/2011

I'm thinking of quitting my job

Not my awesome-but-incredibly-stressful-9-5p but my inconvenient-and-unfulfilling-Saturday-12p - 5p. (and 11a - 4p or 4 - 9p...) It SUCKS! It's a retail job I got to hold me when I couldn't find work. But after I got a job, I decided to keep it because of the 60% discount. Which is fine if I were using it, but lately my life has been so topsy turvy I don't even have the strength to eat cookies. So basically, I'm selling my Saturdays for about $50. Completely not worth it. And not just that, the people who don't sell their weekends can be pretty mean. My last shift, a man actually told me put on a trench coat and walk for him. I've never felt so cheap! (Partly because I couldn't afford the coat...) I don't think I can do this anymore. But the idea of giving up an expiry-free voucher to discounted cute clothes doesn't appeal to me either. I don't know what I'm going to do, but something's gotta give. You would think that working in a shop would give me a better idea of what things were worth.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. My sister worked retail and she had some old guy asking her an a coworker which thong might suit him best.

    I dunno why they would want YOU to try on clothing unless it's a gift for someone with a similar body type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. I asked if it was a gift and he told me, "Don't worry about that." Yeah, i think i just will quit.. Before them thong requests start rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Saturday jobs suck. The past few months have been my first experience working a regular day job with weekends completely to myself! It's pretty awesome, but probably ending soon :(

    ReplyDelete