3/10/2012

Sorry for the Silence

I was in Japan last week.  I used to live there.  I used to teach English sentences. Not dissimilar from these ones! I had these amazing students my last year in Japan and knew I wanted to come back at least one time for their high school graduation. My biggest fear though, was that I'd return to find out they outgrew me. There's little worse than being more excited to see someone you love than they are to see you. But I was in luck, because when my kids finally saw me, they burst into tears! It's a weird feeling wanting someone to miss you. As they start crying you think, "Yes! YES!! More!  Thats right! All the tears!"  and you start to feel like some kind of sadness-fueled monster.  Sure, its good for a while. But it starts to get weird when you have to explain why you're grinning with your eyes closed.

(Ha! "Titty")

No comments:

Post a Comment